Praying for the future of Hobart Baptist
Thursdays from November 12, 2020
SCROLL DOWN FOR NOVEMBER 19 PRAYER POINTS
You are invited to pray!
Following the success of the the Day of Prayer and Fasting in October, we are further committing to prayer as a group of Sanctuaries.
All day each Thursday we will join together in unity and in prayer for the future of Hobart Baptist Church. In addition, individuals are welcome to fast, as God leads.
The day will culminate in an hour of concerted prayer, 6-7pm, as we gather in the Tab, led most weeks by Stephen and Jenny Baxter.
After 7pm, all are invited to head up to North Hobart together for food and fellowship. One day soon, we will gather in our own cafe!
JOIN IN AS WE UNITE TO PRAY FOR THE FUTURE OF
HOBART BAPTIST CHURCH
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.Philippians 2:1-2 (NIV)
This Week’s Prayer Points
God our Father,
Thank you for listening to us
No matter how young or how old we are.
Thank you for sending Jesus,
Who teaches us how to pray.
We know that you always listen to us,
Help us to listen to you today.
We come before you with these requests today . . .
- For wisdom and discernment as plans are made for HBC in 2021 at Part 2 of our planning/visioning this coming Sunday and Thursday, 22 & 26 November.
- We continue to pray for peace and wisdom for Antal, Heather and Kaaren as they work with the architects, builders, and others on the redevelopment.
- For speedy communication between various organisations and businesses as they finalise all the paperwork for the apartments
- Prayer for funds to be released so we can finish the job well.
- Good health for the builders, tradies and architects as they persist to the finish line
- Blessing for those who are due to move into the apartments in the coming weeks, some of them very soon.
- Good weather and safety for the Jesus at the Beach Kids’ Church event on Saturday.
- For good outcomes at the Church Members’ Meetings after the 10am service on Sunday.
- Prayer for those in our church community in distress, or needing grace, peace and wisdom through tough times.
- Our Karen brother Htoe Ne (Wah Lay’s husband) is home from hospital, and being cared for at home with support from outpatient services each day. Please remember Htoe Ne, Wah Lay and family, and indeed the whole Karen community at this difficult time.
- The Karen Fellowship have yet to restart regular services. Please pray they will support one another well, and that they will work out the best time to start meeting.
- Remember Stephen Baxter as he prepares to preach next Sunday
- Pray about your involvement with HBC in 2021 – where does God want you to serve?