Hobart Baptist Church would not exist without the support and
care of our official membership.
Annual Members’ Meeting
The Hobart Baptist Church Annual Members’ Meeting for 2021 was held in the Gibson Hall
on Sunday 28 November, after the 10am service.
THE FOLLOWING OFFICERS AND DEACONS were elected for 2022
- Secretary Heather Galloway
- Treasurer Geoffrey Clarke
- Assistant Secretary Joanna Sinclair
- Assistant Treasurer No nomination
- Deacons David Needham, Joel Ortiz and Moo Lay Graham
THE FOLLOWING MINISTRY LEADERS for 2022 were confirmed
- Kids’ Church Tracy Ortiz
- Youth Scott Ambrose and Kelvin Smith
- Boys’ Brigade Captain Scott Ambrose
- Boys’ Brigade Chaplain Kelvin Smith
THE FOLLOWING SANCTUARY LEADERS WERE CONFIRMED FOR 2022
- Karen Congregation Paw Nay & Moo Lay
- Mabuhay Christ Homes Joel Ortiz
- Church with no Walls Frank and Eva Cole
- 10am Service Stephen Baxter
The Members of the Finance Committee for 2022 were confirmed:
- Geoffrey Clarke, Heather Galloway, Hannah Nguyen and Ben Wagner
The Audited Report and Financial Statements for 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2021 were received.
General Members’ Meeting
A General Members’ Meeting follow on after the Annual Members’ Meeting.
Pastoral leadership moving into 2022
Liam Conway completes his appointment as Ministry Apprentice at HBC early in the New Year, after which he and Hannah will be moving to Longford Baptist for Liam to take up a Pastoral position there. With that in mind the Deacons have, over a number of months, been considering the pastoral leadership of the church for 2022 and beyond.
The meeting ratified the Deacons’ decision to advertise a part time Associate Pastor’s position at HBC, with the aim of commencing the role in February 2022. Time allocation for the role to be considered in light of a Finance Committee recommendation.
For any further information please talk to the secretary.
Heather Galloway, Secretary