Hobart Baptist Church would not exist without the support and
care of our official membership.
Church Members’ Meeting Outcomes
A Church Members’ Meeting was held in the Gibson Hall on Sunday 26 March 2023.
It was pleasing to see a good number of non-members attend the meeting, sharing in the celebration of all that happened last year and to be encouraged by hearing the exciting plans for opening the building up to the community under Kelvin’s watch.
The 138th Annual Report, covering the life of the church during 2022 was presented and received.
- Minutes from the Members’ meeting held on the 20 November 2022 were confirmed
- The Financial Papers for 6 months ended 31 December 2022 were accepted
- The Senior and Secretary presented reports for the past 3 months
- Rebecca Joy Mallipudi was accepted into membership of HBC
- Stephen outlined the dream for the building and Kelvin Smith outlined some of his plans for utilizing the spaces and his motivation for taking this on.
- Stephen presented a Snapshot of the 2022 National Church Life Survey comparing the results from 2016 and with other churches.
If you didn’t get a copy of the papers and would like them, please let me know.
Heather Galloway, Secretary
Members’ Meetings are held quarterly, and are open to members and non-members alike.
The Members are led by the Deacons, who meet monthly.
HBC Diaconate 2023
Chair: Scott Ambrose
Secretary: Heather Galloway
Assistant Secretary: Joanna Sinclair
Treasurer: Geoffrey Clarke
Assistant Treasurer: Kylie Henderson
Ex-officio: Stephen Baxter
Ordinary Deacons: Celia Munro; David Needham; Joel Ortiz and Jing Priest.