Hobart Baptist Church, Sunday 30th January
SERMON: This week Stephen Baxter speaks on how we can be comforted by God’s Power.
Join us in the Tab at 10am. Don’t forget to wear your COVID mask.
BIBLE READING: Isaiah 40:18-28
STAY FOR Lunch after morning tea! Everyone is welcome to morning tea after the service and following that catch up with Stephen and Jenny over a BYO lunch.
PLEASE NOTE: Kids’ Church will commence for this year on Sunday 13 February 2022.
TODAY! SUNDAY 30 JANUARY
– Special Church Members’ Meeting following the 10am service (see below).
SUNDAY 06 FEBRUARY
– Induction Service for Liam Conway at Riverlands Baptist Church, Longford.
– National Church Life Surveys (NCLS) Surveys to be handed out for completion.
TODAY! SPECIAL CHURCH MEMBERS’ MEETING – 30 JANUARY 2022
A special church Members’ meeting will be held following the 10am service, today, Sunday 30 January to consider a recommendation from the Diaconate regarding the appointment of a part time Associate Pastor.
The November Church meeting endorsed the action of the Diaconate to advertise a part time Associate Pastors position at HBC, with the aim of commencing in February 2022. The recommendation comes as a result of that process.
Looking forward to your attendance at the meeting. 2022 is the year for HBC to move forward and make the most of our new facilities. We have an exciting time ahead.
For more information go to the Church Members’ Meeting Page >>>
COMFORT: SERMON SERIES UNTIL SUNDAY 6 FEBRUARY
Are you feeling discouraged? Weary? Fainthearted?
So were the Israelites during the Exile. They were discouraged, depressed and suffering deeply. They were filled with deep questions such as: Has God abandoned us? Will the promises God made to us be kept? Does God want to deliver us? Can God deliver us? And will God deliver us?
In Isaiah, the answer is an emphatic “yes!” God calls the prophet to “comfort” Israel in exile. He is to bring the people bringing hope, encouragement, and good news to ease and soothe their troubled hearts.
INDUCTION SERVICE FOR LIAM CONWAY
All are welcome at Riverlands Baptist Church for Liam Conway’s Induction Service on Sunday 6 February. Liam will be inducted as Associate Pastor during their 10am morning service, which will be followed by a BBQ lunch.
RSVP’s are required by Tuesday 1 February 2022 for catering purposes.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 6391 2202
The Marriage Course
Hobart Baptist Church will be hosting the Alpha “Marriage Course” and you are invited!
Whether you’ve been with your partner for 6 months or 40 years, whether you’re in a good place or struggling, The Marriage Course offers practical support to strengthen your relationship.
Week 1 – Monday February 21 (7 to 9.30pm)
Date Night @ HBC – dinner and Week 1 of the Marriage Course ($45 per couple)
Weeks 2 to 7 – Monday, February 28 to April 11 (7.30pm to 9.30pm)
Join in each week via zoom to spend time with your partner and learn some great tools to strengthen your relationship.
Questions? Interested in registering?
Contact: Jo Sinclair (0401 297 151), email@example.com
YOUR ROLE AT HBC IN 2022
Now that 2022 is here, what is God putting on your heart to do at HBC?
- Perhaps a ministry to Elizabeth College such as Breakkie or Homework Clubs?
- What about Alpha or the Marriage Course?
- Maybe an activity group for children?
If you missed our HBC Futures evening, read the full wrap up, and how to get involved in the next chapter of our HBC story. The possibilities are endless, but a reminder that we are not wanting a list of good ideas, rather we are looking for people to put their hand up to lead and make that good idea that God has put on their heart happen.
If you have any ideas, send an email through to Stephen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Michael (email@example.com).
THE FUTURE WITH COVID-19
Increasingly we are all being affected by the Omicron strain of Covid, in one way or another. We must give thanks for the time we were protected from the alpha and delta strains, and remember to care for each other at this uncertain time.
Please feel confident that we are doing our best to keep everyone safe.
– We have recently reviewed and updated our Covid-19 Safety plan to keep up with Tasmanian government policies, and
– We have produced a case and management outbreak plan, should it be required.
We encourage everyone to do their best to protect themselves and to keep our church and the wider community safe by:-
- Respecting social distancing – and foregoing shaking hands
- Wearing a mask – in all indoor settings and others as required
- Remembering to use the hand sanitiser provided and by washing hands frequently.
- Being vaccinated – If you’re not already, you can book by calling the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 or visiting www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/booking. Booster shots are recommended and are now available.
- Remembering to Check In – Everyone over 16 years of age is required check in whenever they enter the building – either by scanning the Check in TAS QR code or sign the attendance sheet.
- Considering your health and the health of others – stay home if you feel unwell
-If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, no matter how mild, stay at home and get tested. To organise a test call the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 or register at www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/testing
- Keeping informed and up to date with Public Health and Government requirements.
- The New Check in TAS App cards are available and you are able to use them to sign in at church.
How are your feeling? Are you coping? Remember to talk to someone if you are concerned, and don’t forget, God is with you, hold on to your faith at all times.
Thank you for your assistance.
Duty of Care Officer
GIVING – Your tithes and offerings
‘Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.’
2 Corinthians 9:7
We thank all who give faithfully on a regular basis, as without this support we would not be able to operate. Your offerings support our budget: and through that it enables the church to continue to be an important part of the North Hobart landscape and the place from where we can prophetically serve the City of Hobart.
It is where we can know the benefit of worshipping with others, where we hear the stories of Jesus and how they apply to us, where we are encouraged in our journey with Jesus, from where we can share God’s love with others and help them to know and trust in God themselves. Our influence can also be far reaching – there is no limit to God’s love through our deeds and actions. Thank you for your generosity.
EFT is a great way to ensure regular giving and as well there are offering boxes available for use as you leave the Sanctuary.